La Latvian Croquet Federation convoca el 10th GC Baltic Open Championship y el 6th GC Anna Open Tournament for Ladies.
La Latvian Croquet Federation convoca el 10th GC Open Championship y el 6th GC Anna Open Tournament for Ladies. El primero se celebrará del 3 al 5 de septiembre próximo en Ikskile Croquet Club, recientemente inaugurado, con tres nuevos campos, y que se encuentra a 30 Km de Riga. Esta competición está integrada en el European Masters del 2021. La segunda se llevará a cabo en Sigulda del 30 de julio al 1 de agosto próximos. A continuación se incluye la carta de invitación personal del Presidente de la Latvian Croquet Federation, Mr. Roberts Stafeckis, y a renglón seguido las condiciones, normas y demás detalles de ambas convocatorias, para conocimiento de los jugadores españoles que pudieran estar interesados en participar en alguna de esas dos competiciones.
I am happy to share with you information about two international croquet tournaments in Latvia, that we very much hope to be able to hold this year. The traditional Baltic Open GC takes place for the 10th year, as always, on the first weekend of September. This time, it will take place at a new club in Ikskile with 3 brand new full size lawns and a clubhouse. Over the previous years, we have had a pleasure to welcome players from 10 different countries. Another event is the Anna Open Ladies GC tournament, hosted by the Sigulda Club with a new wonderful lawn. Please feel free to share this information with others. Looking forward to welcoming many of you this year again. Best regards,
Latvian Croquet Federation, President
2021, April 20
10th GC Baltic Open Championship 2021. GC Croquet September 3th-5th 2021, Latvia
The Baltic Open GC Croquet Tournament takes place for 10th consecutive year, and is organised by the Latvian Croquet Federation (www.latvijaskrokets.lv). This year, it will take place at a brand new Ikskile Croquet Club, with three perfect full size lawns on a river shore, in a small suburban town Ikskile 30 km away from Riga.
• Participation limited to a maximum of 24 players
• 4 blocks of six, followed by a knock-out stage and Plate
• Double banking, apart from finals
• Sunshiny CQ-16 balls
• Tournament Manager – Roberts Stafeckis
• Tournament Referee – Viktors Harlinskis (Southwick Croquet Academy certificate)
• Deadline for entries – July 1st
Fees and prices per player
• Entry fee - 50 EUR, includes courtside beverages
• Price of meals - will be announced later
Programme of the tournament
Thursday, September 2nd
Arrival of the players
Lawns available for practice from 17:00
Friday, September 3th , from 9:00
Arrival of the players,
Opening ceremony at the club, at 10:00
Optional night croquet under floodlights
Saturday, September 4th, from 9:00
play-offs, knock-out and plate
Tournament dinner at a nearby restaurant
Sunday, September 5th, from 9:00
Semifinals, finals and plate
Winners award ceremony at the club
Informal farewell cocktail at the club
• Latvia reserves 8 places for the players that organize the tournament.
• Deadline for entries – July 1st. Entries received by July 1st will be accepted as follows:
The highest ranked player from each country that has applied in descending order by WCF world ranking DGrade as of July 1st.
Then the second highest ranked player from each country will be accepted in descending order and so on. This will ensure that all countries that are interested in participating have the ability to send roughly the same number of players.
• Latvian and international players can continue to apply for any remaining places from July 2 onwards. Applications will be accepted in order received. Deadline for any remaining places is on August 25, even if the event is not full, to allow time for adjusting the format.
www.spadrops.lv – local accomodation
www.brandins.lv – local restaurant
www.ikskile.lv/en/tourism -local tourist guide